21st January 2019
Registered Care Manager
Are you an experience Registered Manager within the care sector? Are you lacking reward or investment in your current role?
Come and join a different care business!
We are now looking for a Registered Manager to lead of our Complex Care Registered Service in Attleborough, Norfolk. This position would suit an experienced Registered Manager looking for a new challenge within a company that invests into you and your service.
Westward Healthcare is an established provider of care and support services to vulnerable adults with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Conditions and varying Complex Care needs. We work closely with our clients, family members, local authorities and healthcare providers to provide high quality, person centred, rehabilitation care to an ever-increasing number of people across Norfolk. We offer:
- 40 hours per week
- 29 days annual leave
- Competitive salary up to £35,000 per annum
- Daily lifestyle benefits
- Unique training and development opportunities in clinical care
The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience of managing complex residential / rehabilitation services.
The Registered Care Manager will ensure high quality person centred support is provided to all people supported in line with organisational objectives, CQC requirements and other statutory bodies. You will initiate and implement professional, administrative home services and financial arrangements, training and care/support planning within our local homes. Responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and review a package of support for each supported person which meets their needs
- Involve people we support in the planning and review of their support packages
- Be responsible for the protection of vulnerable people we support by implementing robust safeguarding measures
- Initiate a quality assurance system to assess and evaluate quality of care provided to service users
- Ensure people we support are given the opportunity to attend health screening appointments which they have been invited to
- Pro-actively participate in the setting of annual budgets and accountable for controlling revenues and expenditure in accordance with agreed budgets.
- Recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates against team and organisational requirements
- Develop staff to enhance performance through training, supervisions and appraisal
- Be on call and give out of hours advice on any incidents which occur
- Carry out Health & Safety Risk Assessments i.e. COSHH, RIDDOR, PPE
- Fully comply with the requirements laid down by the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and associated essential standards of quality and safety
- Ensure so far as is reasonably practicable the health, welfare and safety of service users, visitors, staff and self in conjunction with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Abide by and ensure all staff abide by the code of conduct and practice as set out by the GSCC
The ideal Registered Care Manager:
This role would suit a Registered Manager with demonstrable experience of managing complex residential / rehabilitation services. You will also:
- Have experience of developing a new or existing business through local and national contacts to initiate further referrals
- Demonstrate commitment to respecting and upholding the rights of customers and their needs
- Excellent understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home
- Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
- Understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager and laws relating to care
- Understanding of systems to maintain confidentiality in relation to customers, staff and the business
- Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to homecare services and risk management
- Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures
Please note – Successful applicants will also need to complete or have a portable DBS report that is satisfactory before commencing the role.