National Care Group are a provider of supported living and residential care to adults with complex care needs. Due to our unrivalled growth we are now looking for a Area Trainer to operate and deliver high quality training and development to our employee’s.
Offering a competitive salary and fantastic career development opportunities, this role would suit an individual with the drive and hunger to succeed and progress within the care industry.
Please Note: This role will involve national travel and overnight stays. (Attractive expenses package is provided). Therefore, access to your own vehicle and full driving licence is essential.
To ensure the provision of high quality training and development to a range of employees who support people with Learning and Physical Disabilities in a safe and homely environment.
You will establish and maintain systems and practices, in order to promote and engage staff to continually develop and perform to the best of their ability within the CQC guidelines and industry standards.
The role requires a high level of organisation and planning skills with the ability to be flexible to travel in accordance with business requirements. It is vital that you can adapt your communication style to meet the needs of individuals, whilst leading by example and to demonstrate a variety of training techniques.
This position will expect you to be a key member of the team in working to improve and develop our work force. You will take an active part in mentoring and development model with individual members of staff and strengthening a team around the people we support.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Staff training across the business. Whilst this role is predominantly to support our businesses in the South there may be occasions where you will be required to support our businesses and deliver training throughout England.
- Delivery of specialist ABI, Learning Disability and Challenging Behavior Training across the group
- Assist with the development and implementation of training programmes and to produce training materials, manuals and documentation to support
- Keep up to date on your own training and commit to completing further professional development
- Meet national care standards and legal requirements, provide training that will train, induct, manage and deliver the ongoing training of all care and office staff in accordance with standards, policies and procedures, CQC requirements, relevant regulations and legislation and in line with accepted best practices.
- Develop appropriate learning styles and delivery methods which meet the needs of learners to create a positive and inclusive environment
- Establish precise, learning objectives, content and clear learning outcomes for all teaching undertaken – monitor and track progress in all lessons
This role would suit a candidate coming from a strong training background within the care industry. This is very much a growing, entrepreneurial business and so will suit somebody who is used to working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt quickly.
- PTTLS or equivalent is essential for this role
- Experience in delivering mandatory social care courses
- This role will involve travel across the North East of England (visiting the Lancashire office, from time to time) therefore, a full driving licence and your own vehicle is essential (expenses will be paid)
- Up to date knowledge of the Health and Social Care specification and awareness of recent developments
- Good understanding of learners and how they learn
- Positivity and enthusiasm and the ability to be self-motivated