Essential Care and Support are recruiting for a Care Team Manager / Team Leader to lead our team of Support Workers at our single person service in Spennymoor. Our team supports service users with a range of Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Issues, with the aim of supporting independent living. This is a full-time role, offering:
- 40 hours per week, including a waking and resting night
- 29 days annual leave
- Competitive hourly rate of £10.50
- Daily lifestyle benefits
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
The Care Team Manager / Team Leader Role
As a Care Team Manager / Team Leader, you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence. You will be a front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Care Team Manager / Team Leader is required to respect and work co-operatively with others, enabling the people we support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence.
- To Implement and monitor systems for communication among the staff team, i.e. diaries and communication books, emails etc. and in line with data protection and confidentiality policies
- Provide quality monitoring reports when required to the Registered Manager
- Ensure the support provided, reflects the wishes of the individuals we support and guide other colleagues to adhere to these principles
- Ensure all the person’s specific support plans, protocols and risk assessments are communicated, adhered to and reviewed at the correct times
- Ensure and monitor the safe ordering, dispensing, recording and storing of medications
- Lead and ensure support staff to encourage a person to be as independent as possible within and outside their home environment
- Devise and monitor an individual’s health action plan and encourage them in maintaining their wellbeing
- Where appropriate support and advise people with finances and budgeting and where a recording system is in place monitor this
- Ensure that all staff work in line with the core principles around the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Be a point of contact to family, friends and professionals in relation to an individual
- Actively contribute to staff member development and highlight training needs to your Registered Manager
- To produce and monitor team rota’s
- Accompany supported people on holidays
- Ensure and monitor that support staff follow policies, procedures and guidance from the Employee handbook
- Fully comply with the requirements set out by the Health and Social Care Act 2014, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, GSCC, Health and Social Care Regulations 2010, Safeguarding Policies and CQC standards
- Attend all statutory training to meet Skills for Care Specifications
- Understand and adhere to the policies as set out in the Mental Health Act 2013
About Essential Care and Support:
Essential Care and Support aims to be the best care provider in Durham. We aim to not only offer our service users the highest level of care, we aim to offer an industry leading rehabilitation service that supports independent living.
Successful applicants will also need to complete and have a satisfactory DBS report before commencing the role.